It’s easy to make perfectly tender and extra juicy steak in the oven!
These steaks are pan seared to caramelize and brown the outside and then they are finished in the oven. Top them with a pat of butter and serve.
Great Steaks Anytime!
- This recipe makes tender, juicy steak every time!
- It’s easy to make (no grill required).
- It’s very quick, the cook time is about 20 minutes (depending on the steak and doneness).
- Naturally low carb and delicious
- Ensure frozen steaks are completely thawed.
- Remove steaks from refrigerator and allow to come to sit out for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the pan to ensure it’s very hot before browning the steaks.
- Use a meat thermometer and be sure not to overcook.
- Do not press on steaks as they cook, this presses out the juices.
- Once cooked remove the steak from the pan to rest. If you leave it in the pan, it will continue cooking.
- As with all meats, rest steaks at leat 5-10 minutes before cutting.
How to Make Steaks in the Oven
- Rub steaks with olive oil & gently press the seasoning into the meat.
- Brown on both sides to sear.
- Place skillet in oven & bake (per recipe below) until desired doneness.
PRO TIP: The steaks will continue to cook while they are resting (“carryover cooking”), so resist the urge to keep them in the oven if they don’t look fully baked.
While steaks are resting, prepare the pan sauce if you’d like! (It’s optional but delish).
- Add butter to skillet along with garlic/other seasonings. Stir until fragrant.
- Pour in wine & scrape skillet to loosen any bits.
- Stir in cream & simmer (per recipe below.)
- Top steaks with butter & serve with sauce.
PRO TIP: Using liquid to loosen, and then scraping the bits off the bottom is called “deglazing the pan” and those tasty bits are called “fonds.”
Degrees of Doneness
Remember that steaks will rise a couple of degrees while they rest, I take them out about 3-4° before they’re done. Here’s a quick primer on what “doneness” means:
- Rare – cool, red center – internal temp at 125° F.
- Medium Rare – warm, red center – internal temp at 135° F.
- Medium – warm, pink center – internal temp of 145° F.
- Medium Well – slightly pink center – internal temp of 150° F.
- Well Done – little or no pink – internal temp of 160°F
The FDA recommends a minimum temperature of 145°F with a 3-minute rest.